Terms & Conditions
When you make a booking you are entering an agreement with me. Please read my terms and conditions of booking below:
Self Catering Cancellation and Insurance: Once you have booked your stay, our agreement is a legal contract. Should you need to cancel your booking please be aware that there is an administration charge of £50. If you need to cancel please contact me immediately. For cancellations made up to 31days before your booking you will not be liable for the total balance. For cancellations made after this time or by failing to take up the booking without cancelling you will be liable for the total amount of your booking unless I manage to let the cottage. For this reason you may wish to take out cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker.
Bed And Breakfast Cancellation and Insurance: Once you have booked your stay, our agreement is a legal contract. Should you need to cancel your booking please be aware that there is an administration charge of £50. Any deposit you may have paid is non-refundable unless you notify me 31 days before date of arrival. If you need to cancel please contact me immediately. For cancellations made up to 31 days before your booking you will not be liable for the total balance. For cancellations made after this time or by failing to take up the booking without cancelling you will be liable for the total amount of your booking unless I manage to let the room/s. For this reason you may wish to take out cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker.
Non-availability: I would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond my control. I would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then I would refund all monies paid by you. My liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Arrival: Your accommodation is available to you from 16.30 on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. Please let me know if you plan to arrive after 20.00.
Departure: Please be ready to leave your accommodation by 10.30 on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged. Any extras or services taken during your stay is payable on departure.
Initial Payment for Self Catering: I ask for 50% deposit at the time of booking.
Balance Payment for Self Catering: This is due 4 weeks before booking commencement date.
Initial Payment for Bed and Breakfast: I ask for 50% deposit at the time of booking.
Balance Payment for Bed and Breakfast: I ask for the balance to be paid 7 days before the booking commences or in cash on arrival.
Security Deposit for Self Catering: I ask for £200 security deposit which is reimbursed promptly after the holiday (less any penalties which may be incurred).
Your Responsibilities: For the whole of the period included within your booking, you will be responsible for the property and will be expected to take all reasonable care of it. The property and all equipment and utensils must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period.
Dogs: I accept well behaved dogs by prior arrangement. You will be asked to sign the following dog policy when you arrive.
In the interest of the safety of all guests I am unable to accept dogs of breeds whose behavior is known to be unpredictable. I will therefore NOT take:
- Rottweiler breeds or any cross breed including these strains. If your dog has any record of unpredictable behavior please make other arrangements for your stay.
- For other large dogs please check before making a reservation.
I welcome well behaved and friendly dogs. In order to provide for the health and safety of all guests, I ask you to keep to the following rules.
- Dogs should be under your ownership and responsibility for at least 6 months prior to your stay. I do not take dogs younger than 6 months old.
- Dogs must be under control of their owner in all common areas at all times. If Little Willows is fully booked, dogs are not allowed in the sitting room without the consent of the other guests.
- Dogs may not be left unattended in common areas or rooms, regardless of how they may be secured.
- Regardless of whether the dog is in your room or a common area the owner is responsible for immediate clean-up and repairs of incidental damage caused by the dog. The clean-up should be thorough enough so as to generate no additional work for the Little Willows cleaners. I provide “poo bags ”, if necessary.
- In the interest of other guests I cannot accept dogs that are prone to yapping or barking. If unanticipated disturbance does occur, you will be expected to remove your dog to your car, so that other guests are not disturbed.
- Your dog is always the responsibility of yourself, the owner. The owner is liable for any damage or upset caused by the dog.
- I expect that all appropriate vaccination, including flea treatment, have been regularly carried out on your dog. If veterinary standards are not met, you must mention this to us straight away.
- Dogs are not allowed on any furniture and may not sleep in/on your bed or the common areas. If you forgot to bring appropriate bedding for the dog, please ask - I can help you.
- Please always make sure that your dog is clean before bringing it into the house. If necessary, please ask me for a bucket, cloths, hosepipe – all is available on request. Dog towels are available on request.
- Dogs may not be cleaned in the showers, sinks or the baths.
- I reserve the absolute right to terminate a stay without notice if a dog and/or its owner cause damage or inconvenience to other guests, the property or me and my dog. No recompense will be given in such cases.
Thank you for your cooperation. I hope you’ll have a happy and relaxing stay with your dog at Little Willows.
Damage: All damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of you, the hirer and should be notified to Sally Leigh before the end of your holiday. Their cost shall be refundable on demand. However, minor damage or breakages will not normally be charged but I do reserve the right to charge bad tenants for extra cleaning, breakage or damage beyond what is reasonably expected. I reserve the right to charge you any additional costs incurred as a consequence and may, at my discretion, refuse future bookings. Sally Leigh has the right to enter the property (without prior notice if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies arise (for example if repairs need to be carried out).
Liability: I do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by myself or my employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Data: Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
May I suggest that you read the Access Statement (found on the bottom of the page on the Website) which contains information that you may find helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you to Little Willows.